Staunton Choral Society
Hello and thank you for visiting the official site of the Staunton Choral
Staunton Choral Society - Staunton, VA
Staunton Choral Society, Providing the Shenandoah Valley with choral excellence for over 50
- Direct the chorus during weekly Monday night rehearsals (plus additional times identified by special needs) and direct the chorus during at least 2 concerts per year.
- Take initiative by being creative in the development of musical events, such as the Hymn Festivals, benefit concerts and collaboration with other community music groups.
- Select choral music that reflects the theme and message for each concert and suits the abilities of the group.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have some Choir Director experience.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in music desired but not required.
Application deadline: June
15, 2020. (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) Full position
description provided upon request.
Position is available July 2020 for the 2020 Christmas Concert season.
Your Donations make it possible for us to provide outstanding choral music to the Staunton area at no charge.
Make your checks payable to: Staunton Choral Society, and mail to us at: P.O. Box 2793, Staunton, VA 24402.